Friday, July 19, 2013

Crazy Stupid Love

It's coming up on two years since I have posted and I think it has been way to long. I'm excited to see how this pans out and to compare my thoughts now to my thoughts then. If you end up reading through this feel free to leave me a comment, challenge me. I love getting feedback.


If you have seen Crazy Stupid Love, please raise your hand.
(If you actually raised your hand, your cool. Air five )

If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it, It's my favorite movie. 

The premise: 
A middle-aged husband's life changes dramatically when his wife asks him for a divorce. He seeks to rediscover his manhood with the help of a newfound friend, Jacob, learning to pick up girls at bars.

^^^^ I copy+pasted that 

Whats so special about this movie?
Crazy Stupid Love captures one of my favorite aspects of life.

Change.

People who say "People never change" are victims and victims suck.

Every morning when you wake up, you have the ability to decide who you will be that day. Its incredible how little your personality, temperament, or history have to do with it. The only reason those things could ever hold you back is because you assign them value. 

Think about how you define yourself. Are you...
Introverted or extroverted?
Intelligent or stupid?
Exciting or dull?
Nice or rude?
Cool or lame?
Popular or unpopular?
Uptight or easy going?
Wild or mild?
Confident or shy?

Most people have a pretty good idea about who they are.
What is crazy to me, is that while most people know who they are, who they are doesn't always align with who they would like to be. Why can't who we are align with who we would like to be? They can, and it's frickin easy.


Take a moment to collect who you are...
Then abandon the entire idea.


You have the power to challenge your perception of yourself, and more importantly to abandon it.

It is a beautiful thing to be able to wake up everyday and decide who you will be. Once you can fully abandon your perception of yourself, you can embrace every experience as a new one and truly grow from them. 

If you are choosing to continually strive to fit the mold that you have made for yourself, you will continually be a victim of your own perception. 

If I continue to type about this, I will feel like I am ranting. 
If you like this idea and would like to learn more check out a book called Reinventing Yourself by Steve Chandler

Share your thoughts with me
Leave a Comment!





2 comments:

  1. Really good Tyler. You have a way with self expression and words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I googled "crazy stupid love" and never did I think would stumble upon this little gem :D you've managed to put into words everything I've been working on this summer; changing who I believe I am into who I want to be. This is really good! I hope to be able to read more in the future :)

    ReplyDelete