Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Courageous

I am awestruck by this powerful movie. If you haven't already, you need to go see the movie Courageous. It is a great christian movie, which some people may not be interested in, but it does a great job of communicating so much beautiful wisdom, about family, friendship, and christianity that I truly believe everyone should see it. Every man at least.

The movie identifies some statistics within the dialogue that helps to draw attention to the lack of leadership that so many families have due to weak fathers.

Here are a few that I found after a quick Google search:

-Young men who grow up without a father are twice as likely to end up in jail at some point in their life.
-63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes
-71% of all high school dropouts are from fatherless homes

These are huge numbers, about very serious topics.

If you would like to take a look at a few more you can check out this link:
http://fatherhood.about.com/od/fathersrights/a/fatherless_children.htm

The facts do not lie. 

Any idiot can have a child. It's all about stepping up to the plate and being there.

Something that I have heard several times over the years is that
"Ninety percent of being a father is just showing up"

I'm not trying to belittle any fathers out there who may be reading this, I know that being a dad must be hard beyond my comprehension, but I think being there for your children is a good start. So many men are too selfish to put in the time that it takes to raise a child.

Any man without a strong relationship with their children is not only missing out, but depriving that child of so much more than they can imagine.

So this is a call to all men reading this.

Go watch Courageous!

..and try not to cry.


Leave a Comment!

1 comment:

  1. I respect you for being apart of the 37 and 29 percent, I liked this topic though good choice man.

    ReplyDelete