Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Best High School Date I Never Had

Its quite often that I wonder if I'll ever be able to find a woman that I'm totally content with or if in some way, may it be large or small, I will be settling for less than I had hoped for. Women please do not take this the wrong way. I do not think I am hot shit and can get whatever girl I want. I do not think any less of women as I do of men. I just think that my childhood (and adulthood) has been filled with too many romance movies and too many beautifully photoshopped women in the media that my standards have been set unrealistically high and that no real person will be able to meet them.

Take a look at what we've been fed our whole lives. 

My idea of love is finding a girl that I believe is way out of my league and for some reason still being able to woo her with little effort and riding off into the sunset with her as the other guy sulks in the background because I have won. 

I can only guess that from what women have been fed (the same shit I've been processing) that their idea of a fairy tale relationship is a guy that is unbelievably handsome and won't stop until the ends of the earth in order to have her, while she nonchalantly ignores his affections until one day he gets heroic and she can't help but give it up.

The movies have created an unrealistic version of love that I fear none of us will be able to attain. In real life love looks more like waiting in line for feminine products or shitting with the door open. 

As I sit back and dream about picking up the Homecoming queen in my '67 Camaro and having an adventure filled night (without any awkward silences) and eventually kissing on the roof of the school we just broke in to, I slowly slide back in to reality and realize that this is never going to happen. 

So I pose the question.

Do I need to lower my standards, or do I need to stay determined to find the perfect girl under the perfect circumstances and have that perfect kiss in some illegal place?

...and another question....what the hell am I gonna write about tomorrow?!?!?

6 comments:

  1. fart in my mouth, fart in my mouth, fart in my mouth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly man, that movie set a really high standard for relationships hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog almost looks cool, it's kinda weird reading your thoughts, I don't know if I like seeing this far into your psyche, but I'll give it a shot. I think it will come around man, there are these things called pheromones and they make even ugly girls look attractive to you. Someday, you will find the right pheromones, and live happily ever after on that school roof.

    Tomorrow, you should write about friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friendship.. thats a good topic. That will be a hard one for me. Thanks man :) that one is really gonna make me think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow dude I relate to this so much, my standard in women is really high, it makes it extremely difficult to find and be content with someone. It is rare when I find love.

    ReplyDelete