Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I'm a failure

I've failed you, and I've failed myself. I knew this day would come. I went all day without posting. I knew that at some point in my thirty day adventure I would slip up. Yesterday was a busy day I will admit but I still feel like I have broken my streak and therefore have no more purpose as a blogger.

Is this defeat?
Should I just give up now?

I think not. I think I should follow through with this. Follow through is one of my biggest downfalls. My mind is constantly streaming good ideas that I swiftly put in to action but am usually quick to get bored with and eventually totally forget about. I was once told by someone with a similar personality, that she likes to refer to it as being a "fixator." I think of wonderful ideas and at a moments notice can be totally dedicated to it, but within days, sometimes weeks if it's super cool, will be totally bored with it.

This applies to several things

Workout plans
Sports
Vehicles
Self help techniques
Women
Future purchases

I find something that at the time seems like the best thing for me, and infatuate myself with it and within a short time lose all interest. Most of the time these things would be really great if I could really make them a part of my daily life instead of just a temporary thing. If I could follow through with a few of these things, instead of spreading myself out unevenly over many things, I could really better myself.

My new approach to solving this fixation problem is this thirty day method. I came across this thirty day program while browsing the web and was pretty impressed. If you'd like to see the video I found you can check out this link

http://www.ted.com/talks/matt_cutts_try_something_new_for_30_days.html

The basic idea is that thirty days is a perfect amount of time to either, create a good habit, or subtract a bad one. So take something small that you've always wanted to do, and do it for thirty days. If you dedicate to it, you will find your self doing it naturally and really enjoy it.

My goal has been to post every day for thirty days. Wether it be quality material or it be my personal ramblings. This is only my tenth post and I can tell you that I have never enjoyed writing this much. I no longer associate writing with negativity and am more confident with my words and organizing thoughts on paper. Even though I missed yesterdays post, I don't think the best recovery method would be to quit entirely. Deep down I think I am just trying to prove to myself that I can follow through with something. Hopefully this one will stick.

Anyone have a good topic for me?
Anyone else suck at follow through?

No comments:

Post a Comment